Saturday, September 18, 2010

BETTY LOCKED UP FOR LIFE?


BETTY LOCKED UP FOR LIFE?
That’s what the Attorney General is asking the Appeal Court of BC to consider on Sept. 22 (forgive me, first poste said Nov.22, a terrible error when asking people to come support you, but it is Sept. 22) I appear to appeal my sentence from Madam Justice Brown. Yes, it’s true. They’re asking for life. The Crown (Michael Brundrett) has given the Appeal Court two cases to consider on how the Appeal Court should consider my appeal. Simply lock me up for life by declaring me a repeat offender, a dangerous offender, and re-sentencing me under a sentencing process of “combined offenses”. And the Attorney General uses case law in his requests to the court. Both concern men who are violent pedophiles who attacked their own children. Just look at this:
In appeal of the first case: (R. v. M. (C.A.)
Jessup J.A. (appeal judge) expressed the sentencing principal in Hill, at p. 147:
“ When an accused has been convicted of a serious crime in itself calling for a substantial sentence and when he suffers from some mental or personality disorder rendering him a danger to the community but not subjecting him to confinement in a mental institution and when it is uncertain when, if ever, the accused will be cured of his affliction, in my opinion the appropriate sentence is one of life.” And the Attorney General has emphasized the last seven words in the Crown’s response.
So here we have the Attorney General of BC asking the Appeal Court of B C to give me a life sentence because I had the audacity to appeal my sentence in the first place. But honestly, what annoys me the most is that the Attorney General of BC equates peaceful civil disobedience with the diseased minds of violent pedophiles who repeatedly rape their own children and in the second case, also sell the images. In other words, the Attorney General thinks I am a pervert who is rather the same as these two men and should be locked up for life. My mental or personality disorder that cries out for justice from the Attorney General, for protections of BC forest and streams is equated by the Attorney General with these two cases of men’s violence, incest, rape, and pedophilia. Could it be possible that the Attorney General doesn’t know the difference? My appeal on Wednesday is being ratcheted up by the Attorney General ( a political appointee) to a crazy point of desperation that if successful, would be such a black mark on Canada we would all suffer. Please come. Wed., Nov. 22, 9: 30, for a rally, 10: 00 for court. Supreme Court and Appeals, 800 Smithe ST., back steps corner Howe and Robsen. Love. Betty Krawczyk

18 comments:

  1. I wish you bright blessings and protection. May your freedom remain yours as is your natural right.

    Good luck!
    Cheers;
    April-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Betty will only be able to be there in Spirit, but that sentencing approach is insane. Of course if we had a sane government with a rational approach you wouldn't even have to be appealing a sentence. They would be giving you a medal for being such an activist and engaged citizen; recognizing your contributions to furthering the environmental well being and excellence of our province.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Betty, I appreciate all your efforts. We should elect you to the green party!!
    I am wondering about the date for your court challenge on your blog there appears to be a typo. Everywhere else it is said to be Sept 22 but on your blog you have Nov 22 as the court date? I will be at the court house in support Sept 22

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really boggled my mind, Betty and fired me up big-time. I did a rant about it on my blog and sent it to Monika - when you have time, here it is: http://stardreamingwithsherrybluesky.blogspot.com/2010/09/are-you-freaking-kidding-me.html

    Then I fired off emails to the attorney general and premier asking if they have gone insane? And while I was at it suggesting they might try living on CPP disability for a couple of years with every bill going up and up and the big fat HST tax slapped on top of it....and that given I seem to have the same "affliction" as you, of wanting the planet preserved for our grandchildren, perhaps we could share a cell, since I heard the meals were included...........they could have a bunch of us raging grannies in there - we'd rock the joint! Surely he will grab a brain. If he goes ahead with this, he will look like a total idiot. But whatever happens, you rock, Warrior Woman - you put your life on the line for what you believe. I love your quote about this being the transformation of consciousness trying to happen on this planet, it being bigger than any one of us. Way to shine. You are my heroine!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your defense Betty?
    What point of law are you going to use to defend yourself in court.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog, Betty. The entire situation is OUTRAGEOUS & we're spreading it all over Facebook as quickly as possible! You are a Shero to SO many!
    Noticed in the Blog that you have the Rally date listed as Nov. 22. Didn't you mean SEPT 22? Just thought I'd check so if it's wrong, you can correct it.
    Keep fighting & we're behind you!
    Solidarity & sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nov. or September? Your blog says November.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pity we did not have the same process when Mr. Campbell was dealing with the drunk driving charges. I never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. I will be there to support you on Nov. 22nd. It is my intention to tell as many people as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will have support.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, I am deeply sorry that you are suffering this injustice..I will keep reposting your blog, to give and get others to give their support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Betty, Thank you for your many acts of courage and vision through direct actions, standing on the front lines of forest protection. That the court system would threaten to remove your physical freedom for progressing civil society is truly an injustice to you and undermines the freedom of all Canadians. With the warmest of respect and support. In solidarity, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty,
    will it help to write in protest to the official -- what's his name, Brundett?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty,
    will it help to write the official, what's his name - Brundett?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daniel van der Kroon12:03 PM

    Betty this is a black eye on the province of BC, I only heard about this yesterday, sorry I missed your appeal, I think I would have made it. How did it go and what are the next steps?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, I hope you are home to read this tonight. If not, we will all work to free you. This is disgusting and a perversion of justice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betty, what happened in court yesterday? There's nothing in the local media. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Betty I wrote a song inspired by Harriet Nahanee. Check out the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osubQ4FmEeE

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to thank everybody who has posted a comment and offered their support. Support is crucial in this kind of struggle and Dylan, thank you so much of your vido. My love to all. Betty K

    ReplyDelete