Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Journey Into Civil Disobedience



Journey into Civil Disobedience      Images are not displayed. Display images below

 

Working link to IdeaCity

Apologies for the broken links. Here are two direct links to my talk:
You can also view it directly from the IdeaCity page, at:
IdeaCity-08-4231
Betty-Krawczyk

Several days ago a friend and colleague wrote asking my advice as they are considering environmental civil disobedience. What can I say? What advice can I give? Every situations depends almost entirely on the strength of the protestor’s resolve once you make the decision – that’s when the journey starts. And it can take you to places you never expect, including on stage in front of hundreds of people. I’m sharing a link (here) to a video recently posted by IdeaCity where I was invited to talk in 2008 about the first steps in my own journey, and my resolve to take the path of civil disobedience, wherever it led. I hope my friend finds it helpful in these dark times, and that maybe you will too. 

Betty at IdeaCity

 

No comments:

Post a Comment